Sunday, November 29, 2009

Where My Watch Is




Wassup Hepcats!
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I did, although I was missing an integral part of my identity: my wristwatch.
Those who know me know that without my timepiece I feel naked. Unfortunately, I live in a home with two mischievous three year olds.
So it was that on Wednesday, I looked to the spot where my wristwatch rests, and found it missing. My first tack was to interrogate Julia.

Me: Julia, do you know where my watch is?
Julia: I know exactly where it is!

Then she ran into the back hallway, rummaged around for a few minutes, and came back with a blue rubber ball.

Me: Julia, I thought you were getting my watch.
Julia: I don't know where it is.

And then she covered her nose, because she thinks that when she tells a lie, her nose grows. So I know I'm on the right track. But I need a different strategy. I need to talk to Abby.

Me: Abby, did you or Julia do anything with my watch?
Abby: Julia did.
Me: Where did she put it?
Abby: I think her put it in a rocket, and it went up in the sky. Sky sky sky!

So that didn't work. I decide to try the direct tactic.

Me: Julia, what happened to my watch?
Julia: OK. Well. Once upon a time.
Me: Once upon a time? Are you telling me a story or are you going to tell me where my watch is?
Julia: Wait, Daddy. OK.
(thinks for a minute)
There were a hundred goblins. And them took your watch, and put it in a hole. The hole had a door. It was a log. The log was the door to thems hole. And them had a trampoline! And Lucy was there.
Me: Lucy? Who is Lucy?
Julia: And it was a very big trampoline because them had a hundred goblins.
Me: So my watch is with the goblins?
Julia: And the trampoline.
Abby: No, Julia, hims watch is in the sky.
Julia: Can we have a snack?
Me: No. I want my watch.
(Julia sneaks over to the stairs)
Me: Where are you going?
Julia: Nowhere.
Me: Julia, when I ask you where you are going, you need to tell me. You cannot say "nowhere". OK?
Julia: OK.
Me: So where are you going?
Julia: (pauses) Somewhere.

Still no watch. If anyone finds it, post it in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment