Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What I'm Thankful For







Wassup Hepcats.So tomorrow we will all eat, drink, and make merry. There will be turkey, and it will be good. There will be stuffing, and it too will be good. There will be yams with marshmallows - you can have those. And there will be pie. Hopefully pecan pie, but even if not pecan pie, it will be good.
So today I'm gonna offer up a list of a few things I'm thankful for. No reason. Just cuz.
  • I'm thankful for my beautiful wife and amazing daughters. But you knew that.
  • I'm thankful that yesterday mlb.com sent me a catalog full of 2009 World Series Champion New York Yankee swag.
  • I'm thankful that I finally got approved as a commenter on Deadspin.
  • I'm thankful for The Monsters of Folk. Not that the record is that great, just that it happened. It made the world a better place.
  • I'm thankful that it hasn't snowed yet.
  • I'm thankful that three year olds are terrible liars.
  • I'm thankful that at some point in the (hopefully) near future, I will be drinking a scotch and cola.
  • I'm thankful for the Wildcat offense.
  • I'm thankful for the iPod. Good Lord Almighty am I thankful for the iPod.
  • I'm thankful for Charlie Brown holiday TV specials.
  • I'm thankful that indie rock bands have been making music that actually sounds good for some time now.
  • I'm thankful for my 44 Twitter followers, even though I think about 35 of them are hookers.
  • I'm thankful for Pete Carroll. Yes, still.
  • I'm thankful for a President who actually knows what he's doing, even if people aren't paying attention.
  • I'm thankful that someday Glenn Beck will go away.
  • I'm thankful that tonight I get to make a playlist for our drive to Connecticut. Will it get played? Doubtful. But I get to make it.
  • I'm thankful for Esquire magazine. Especially when Katy Perry is on the cover.
  • And finally, I'm thankful that I live in a time and place when I can post incoherent, self absorbed musings, and people will actually seek them out and read them.
  • So, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment